Full Time / Hourly Position
The Meat Cutter works alongside several others at the cutting table breaking down meat products for custom orders and retail stores while maintaining our high standards of safety and sanitation.
General Qualifications/Job Requirements:
• Attention to detail is very important
• Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Lift product, boxes, and equipment up to 100 lbs (Required)
• Must be able to follow and adhere to food safety regulations
• Knowledgeable in all cuts of beef, pork, and wild game. Ability to breakdown full and half carcasses for further processing
• Accurately cut and trim beef, pork, and wild game to custom cutting instructions
• Follow direction and procedures for cutting and weighing meat
• Must have previous experience with portion cutting meat
• Experience in wrapping meat, working with poultry and deli meat helpful
• Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance.
• Strong work ethic.
• Must be able to effectively speak, understand and write the English language.
• Ability to self-start and to complete work requirements.
• Ability to get to work at assigned starting times & complete assigned shifts.
• High level of customer service, friendly personality, able to learn and practice safe food handling procedures.
• Desire to develop skills and grow in the job.
• May be required to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time.
• Regular work in both coolers and freezers; temperature extremes in working environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.