Lead Retail Meat Clerk
Part-Time / Hourly /Seasonal (April thru September)
The Lead Retail Meat Clerk cuts, prepares, stocks, and merchandises meat, cheese, and food products for our customers and maintains our high standards of safety and sanitation. This position is responsible for the stocking of the store as well as checking out customers and providing the highest level of customer service.
This person will also ensure guest satisfaction and will monitor that the safety measures are in place for our guests and staff. You will provide friendly, personalized service to our customers and create a memorable brand experience for them. This person reports to the Store Manager.
General Qualifications/Job Requirements
- High level of customer service, friendly personality, able to learn and practice safe food handling procedures.
- Experience in cutting bone in and boneless cuts, wrapping meat, working with poultry and deli meat helpful.
- Experience with a computer and PC based cash register, or ability to learn.
- Complies with all HACCP and Food Safety Regulations. Produces products according to all HACCP plans and following all allergen controls. Inputs daily data into WRFS software for proper record keeping.
- Interact with customers to gain perspective and to promote our products and increase sales.
- Polite and professional communication skills are required.
- Hold the store team and yourself accountable for achieving all brand, performance, and behavior standards.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to self-start to complete work requirements.
- Ability to get to work at assigned starting times & complete assigned shifts.
- Desire to develop skills and grow in the job.
- Customer Service – Meet customer needs with a smiling face and remember that the customer always comes first. Always let our customers know that they are important and special to us. Handle all customer questions and concerns.
- Encourage them to sign up for our customer loyalty program – Carnivore Club.
- Lift product boxes and equipment up to 50 lbs. (Required)
- Carry product to sales floor. (Required)
- Extremely busy periods accompanied by slow periods; meat department employees are expected to be working at all times.
- May be required to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time.
- Regular work in both coolers and freezers; temperature extremes in working environment.
- Provide support for other areas of the store/deli/meat case as needed.